Birds in the News #78
I am a little late in posting this.
- A wonderful photo of three Rhinoceros Hornbills
- News of many Common Murres and other birds washed ashore on the beaches of California, Oregon and Washington.
- A campaign to conserve Columbia’s wax palms and the Yellow-Eared Parrots.
- The success of the captive Kiwi breeding programme at Auckland Zoo.
- Australian twitchers descending upon Darwin to tick a rare occurance of a Javan Pond Heron.
- A Bar-Tailed Godwit has been tracked by satellite – and set a new long-distance non-stop flight record of 10,200 km.
- And much more.