How to be a lazy birder part 5
This is part 5 in the series of articles called The Lazy Birder.
- Do not set your alarm when you go to bed.
- Sleep soundly all night.
- When you have finished sleeping, wake up – slowly.
- As you begin to be aware of your surroundings, start listening. (Be careful not to strain your ears too much.)
- Listen to the birds calling outside your bedroom.
- Try to identify five different kinds of birds from their calls.
- If you are particularly energetic, reach over to your bedside cupboard and pick up a pen and paper and make a list of the birds you heard.
- Drift off back to sleep.
- Try doing this when out camping in a tent or caravan.
- You should aim for at least ten species using this method.
- Certain urgent bodily functions may rudely interrupt this wonderful method of birding.